DML6030 Business-to-business marketing
The course presents an overview of principles and competencies behind business-to-business (B2B) marketing.
Dette emnet undervises på engelsk og beskrives derfor på engelsk.
Students learn how B2B companies are different from B2C (business-to-consumer) companies (e.g., value chain, outputs, key performance indicators, organizational culture, transactions, customer segmentation, customer service etc.) and what implications these differences have for marketing products and services. The course provides students with a nuanced understanding of how to develop and implement a B2B marketing strategy.
After completing this course, the student is expected to have acquired the following learning outcomes:
- Has knowledge of principles of organization of B2C and B2B companies
- Has knowledge of the structure of value chain in B2B companies
- Has knowledge of competencies required for successful marketing of B2B products and services
- Can develop and supervise the execution of a B2B marketing strategy for a company
- Can identify factors crucial for acquisition and retention of customers
- Can successfully manage customer portfolio
- Can identify a set of marketing metrics pertaining to the measurement of the effectiveness of B2B marketing strategy
- Understand the nature and the role of B2B marketing for the company’s profitability and sustainability
- Understands and can explain the differences between B2B marketing and B2C marketing
- Understands the concept of B2B marketing strategy and the need to constantly update his/her knowledge in an evolving industry
The requirement must be passed in accordance to given deadline in order to register for the exams.
- Written assignment (pass/fail)
This course consists of 3 hours written exam, 1 hour with multiple choice and 2 hours with written assignment, that constitute the final grade, grading system A-F.